Microneedling with Growth Factors
Conveniently located to serve Virginia Beach
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling procedures allow for controlled induction of the skin’s self-repair mechanism by creating micro-“injuries” in the skin, which triggers new collagen synthesis. The result is smoother, younger-looking skin. Microneedling procedures are performed in a safe and precise manner with the use of the sterile needle head. The procedure is normally completed within 30–60 minutes, depending on the required procedure and anatomical site. When you come in for your consultation at the Cosmetic Surgery Center, our team can let you know if a microneedling treatment in Virginia Beach is the right choice for you.
The Benefits of Microneedling
Microneedling offers a wide array of benefits for both the health and appearance of your skin. During your consultation, our team will ask about the specific issues and concerns you have regarding your skin so we can let you know if microneedling can provide you with the results you are looking for. Microneedling can be used to treat:
- Acne scars
- Sun damage
- Fine lines
- Enlarge pores
- stretch marks
Your Microneedling will be performed by Dr. JoAnne Lopes surgery center located in Virginia Beach, VA.
What to Expect
- Depending on the area of your face or body being treated and the type of device used (i.e. needle length), the procedure is well-tolerated and in some cases virtually painless, feeling only a mild prickling sensation.
- Your practitioner will apply a topical anesthetic to your skin prior to treatment to reduce any pain and discomfort.
- Your skin will be pink or red in appearance, much like a sunburn, for a couple of hours following treatment.
- Minor bleeding and bruising is possible depending on the length of the needle used and the number of times it is pressed across the treatment area.
- Your skin may feel warm, tight, and itchy for a short while. This should subside in 12-48 hours.
Our team can let you know what the price of your microneedling in Virginia Beach will be when you come in for your consultation. Factors like the areas of the skin being treated and the size of the treated areas may go into determining the cost of your microneedling.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are looking for a safe and effective treatment for rejuvenating the health and beauty of your skin, contact our office today to schedule a consultation for your microneedling in Virginia Beach. Dr. Lopes is a highly skilled cosmetic surgeon who can provide you with the outstanding aesthetic care you need.