Microneedling with Growth Factors Virginia Beach
What is Microneedling with Growth Factors?
Microneedling procedures allow for controlled induction of the skin’s self-repair mechanism by creating micro-“injuries” in the skin, which triggers new collagen synthesis. The result is smoother, younger-looking skin. Microneedling procedures are performed in a safe and precise manner with the use of the sterile needle head. The procedure is normally completed within 30–60 minutes, depending on the required procedure and anatomical site.
Growth-factor treatment involves the collection of your blood (approximately 8 – 16ml), then your blood is spun down using a centrifuge to separate out the plasma and platelet portion using the separator gel as a special filter. This portion of your blood is then injected back onto / into your skin to stimulate new collagen production, and to re-energize your cells into rejuvenating themselves. The product injected is 100% your own blood by-product (autologous).
- Depending on the area of your face or body being treated and the type of device used (i.e. needle length), the procedure is well-tolerated and in some cases virtually painless, feeling only a mild prickling sensation.
- Your practitioner will apply a topical anesthetic to your skin prior to treatment to reduce any pain and discomfort.
- Your skin will be pink or red in appearance, much like a sunburn, for a couple of hours following treatment.
- Minor bleeding and bruising is possible depending on the length of the needle used and the number of times it is pressed across the treatment area.
- Your skin may feel warm, tight, and itchy for a short while. This should subside in 12-48 hours.