Microneedling with Growth Factors
Conveniently located to serve Virginia Beach
What is Microneedling with Growth Factors?
Microneedling procedures allow for controlled induction of the skin’s self-repair mechanism by creating micro-“injuries” in the skin, which triggers new collagen synthesis. The result is smoother, younger-looking skin. Microneedling procedures are performed in a safe and precise manner with the use of the sterile needle head. The procedure is normally completed within 30–60 minutes, depending on the required procedure and anatomical site.
Your Microneedling with Growth Factors will be performed by Dr. JoAnne Lopes' surgery center located in Virginia Beach, VA.
Growth-factor treatment involves the collection of your blood (approximately 8 – 16ml), then your blood is spun down using a centrifuge to separate out the plasma and platelet portion using the separator gel as a special filter. This portion of your blood is then injected back onto / into your skin to stimulate new collagen production, and to re-energize your cells into rejuvenating themselves. The product injected is 100% your own blood by-product (autologous).
What to Expect
- Depending on the area of your face or body being treated and the type of device used (i.e. needle length), the procedure is well-tolerated and in some cases virtually painless, feeling only a mild prickling sensation.
- Your practitioner will apply a topical anesthetic to your skin prior to treatment to reduce any pain and discomfort.
- Your skin will be pink or red in appearance, much like a sunburn, for a couple of hours following treatment.
- Minor bleeding and bruising is possible depending on the length of the needle used and the number of times it is pressed across the treatment area.
- Your skin may feel warm, tight, and itchy for a short while. This should subside in 12-48 hours.