Motherhood will change your life AND body in many ways.
Breasts that were once full and firm may become smaller and the breasts can sag. Stomachs are never quite as toned or as flat as they once were, even with regular exercise.
The effects of pregnancy on your body can include:
- Stretch marks
- Stretching of the abdominal skin and muscles
- Changes in breast shape and size
- Loss of elasticity in breast skin
- Stubborn pockets of residual fat
- Varicose veins or spider veins
- Changes in skin health
These changes can wound your self-esteem. Many moms experience frustration and even depression over these body changes, and in many cases, these changes are permanent unless surgery is done to reverse them.
WHAT IS A MOMMY MAKEOVER?
A mommy makeover is a combination of plastic surgery procedures that are designed to get your pre-baby body back. These surgical procedures focus on the areas of the body that are most commonly affected by pregnancy. No two mommies are alike, so at Cosmetic Surgery Center in Virginia Beach, this procedure is customized to fit your individual needs.
A mommy makeover can involve any number of procedures, including:
- Tummy tuck – Pregnancy can cause the abdominal wall’s muscles to stretch and separate. A tummy tuck will tighten the abdominal muscles and skin.
- Liposuction – Hormonal changes during pregnancy can cause stubborn fat deposits. Liposuction will help to remove those fat deposits and contour your body.
- Breast augmentation – You can add breast implants to change the size of your post-baby breasts.
- Breast lift – A breast lift can fix sagging breasts, giving you a more desirable shape.
- Thigh lift – If you are concerned about the appearance of loose, sagging skin on your thighs, a thigh lift can help you create firmer, slimmer thighs.
- Labiaplasty – This plastic surgery procedure reshapes the labia, reducing excess skin and correcting asymmetry.
WHEN SHOULD I HAVE MY MOMMY MAKEOVER?
Your body needs time to recover after giving birth!
Ideally, you should be done breastfeeding and having children before having a mommy makeover since future pregnancies could undo the results of your procedure(s).
what is the next step?
To schedule a consultation with Cosmetic Surgery Center and Dr. Joanne Lopes and see if a mommy makeover is right for you, contact us by clicking on this link.